This week I had a plan of doing something with guinea fowl feathers that have great dots, but then I found this pattern on facebook and though: I’ll give it a go. This was a tricky one, I haven’t done much of classic salmon flies before and the real problem came when I was supposed to mount golden pheasant topping and I realised that I didn’t have any that matched ( I only have one head, and it is picked clean of the good ones….), so: I had to improvise on the topping by putting some peacock on as topping. That ruined part of the flow of this pattern, so I’ll get some new golden pheasant next time I’m in the shop.
The fly was tied on a Dai-Riki 899 #1/0